skip navigation

Gridiron Club & Program Update 5/12/2020

By Steve Hall, 05/12/20, 5:15PM MST


Updates & New Info

Hello to all of you in the Basha Football Program, I hope all of you and your families are doing well through this difficult time.  Hopefully, things will be improving soon and we can get back to a more typically lifestyle for all of us, including preparing for the 2020 Football Season.

With all that, we were to be holding our May Club meeting Tuesday, May 12th and that meeting has been canceled due to the virus.  Which obviously means, our nominations and elections for the next Executive Board Members are still pending.  Chandler School Boosters, Inc has asked all of the booster/PTO organizations that were to have held elections during this time typically, to hold their elections when school resumes in July or early August, in order to be fair and safe to all of those interested in participating in the process.  Our current Board members will continue to serve the Club until we are able to hold elections.  The nomination process is still open for all positions on the Executive Board and will remain open until we hold the elections.

The Straight Outta of Hibernation Golf Tournament has been postponed again, this time until September 5th, a Saturday afternoon following a home game the night before.  We will be gearing up for even bigger and better for this event!  We look forward to seeing you all there and enjoying the atmosphere!  If you have already registered for the event, nothing changes, your spot will be waiting for you.  You have three plus additional months to get your golf game in shape, please mark your calendar and be prepared to be there and make this a huge success for the Basha Bears Football Program!

Unfortunately, due to the virus, we are postponing the Spring BBQ also.  We are planning on some time near the beginning of the season.  We will keep you informed as we solidify the plans for the event.

Now, regarding football, Coach McDonald is hoping that summer Strength & Conditioning can take place, along with the Passing Leagues & the 7's/Big Man Competitions.  However, none of these, at the moment, are for sure going to happen as of yet considering our current situation.  Please stay tuned to all social media and emails for further updates regarding these events, Coach will be updating everyone as the dates get closer.  He is still planning on the "Camp of Champions" in Flagstaff, a normal start to the practice schedule in late July and having football games in August and beyond.  The schedule has not been confirmed by AIA as of yet and is still pending, including the two games with out of state opponents.  As noted above, please stay tuned for further information and updates as they occur.

On a great note, as this crisis was beginning, I informed many of you that a new Basha Bears Football website was being created.  Well, it is here and is a go, please check out the new website, which looks fantastic, at  It is more interactive and I hope you find it as good as I do.  We need all parents and players to register for communication from the Coaches & the Gridiron Club through the website, it will be a centralized location for communication moving forward for rosters, teams and the entire program & club.  Please click on the "Registration" link at the top of the Home page and complete the following process, it will be extremely helpful to the entire program.  Otherwise, look around the website and check out the links page, the team pages (which we can update immediately during all games), the results & records tab, the calendar & events tabs.  I've also included some great videos on the home page, so take look and enjoy!!!  The new Basha Bears Football Website is here!!!

It has been my pleasure to work with all of you and this program.  I look forward to seeing you all very soon.  If you have any questions regarding any of the information in this email, please contact Steve Hall at or by phone at 480-221 3778.



Steve Hall


Basha Gridiron Club